HWR will agree
- To provide any volunteer with training sufficient to do the role allocated safely.
- Will provide a volunteers badge (which needs to be returned to the Volunteer coordinator at the end of the regatta)
- To offer a shift timetable to the volunteer ( with the understanding of the volunteer that allocations may change at the last minute)
- To provide a named person/s in charge of Volunteers on site for the duration of the regatta who will liaise with the HWR Welfare Officer & to whom the volunteer can contact if necessary.
- Not to share personal information to other volunteers or out with the organisation without prior permission of the volunteer or their parent or guardian.
- To provide some refreshments within the Volunteer Tent and limited places around the site for the use of volunteers
Volunteer Rules and Regulations
HWR Volunteer will agree
- To uphold the reputation of HWR at all times
- To uphold the health and safety practices they will be notified to follow at all times
- To ensure they arrive 30mins before their first shift on site
- After receiving shift pattern – Volunteers will agree to commit to attend on days/times as allocated by Volunteer coordinator
- In case of emergency Volunteer will ensure contact with Volunteer Coordinator or HWR Official at the nearest possible opportunity to inform them of issue
- To dress appropriately for the role as requested by HWR including wearing appropriate footwear according to the conditions
- To take suitable precautions taking in account of changing weather e.g. use sun screen and drink water in hot sun, wear waterproof clothing in the rain
- Limit use of mobile devices ( e.g. cellular phones, pagers or other electronic devices) to break times, emergencies or when requested to communicate by these devices by HWR
- To switch mobile phones to silent and keep in a waterproof receptacle or zipped up in clothing when on stake boat duty
- HWR is not liable for the loss or damage of any volunteers personal effects or valuables and Volunteers take anything on site at their own risk
- To complete all areas in the application form where possible
Volunteers should understand
- There may be a drone operating on the site
- Video cameras & Photographers may be on site & their image may be captured in the course of such activities and published/broadcast and by volunteering at HWR you agree to this.